Links

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Great Night.

Last night Michelle and I went to the University High-North Marion football game. As we were walking in the gate I saw an old teammate of mine, Tony Johnson standing there so I asked him if he had any kids playing. He said his son Brandon Tucker was playing and to keep an eye on him.

I asked Tony if the kid is better than he was and he put forth that big grin and said "he thinks he is". He did not disappoint, carrying the ball 9 times for 136 yards and 4 Touchdowns.

I have to say, and as much as this kills me, University High will win the 2008 State High School Football Championship. They are LOADED with talent all over the place. They have three backs that could be playing at the next level in Tucker, Dixon and Wilson. They have a "Golden" armed QB who really impressed me.

This was the last home game at Pony Lewis for the Hawks, they will move into their new stadium for the next game.

No comments: