Links

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

First Dr appointment in 14 years

Yeah, you read that right. Today I have my first Doctor's appointment since I'm thinking 1993. It has been quite a few years since I either really needed to go to a doctor, had insurance or felt comfortable enough to actually go.

The reason I am going is simple, I am diabetic and will need to get it under control. It was a goal for 2006 that I did not meet, but the goal is going to be met for 2007 as it should be my primary goal for the year. Come to think of it I still haven't done my years goals yet, although 2007 has started out rather well and somewhat productive.

To beat my diabetes, I am going to track all my official measurements on a good spreadsheet and will share it on Googles spreadsheets for anyone who chooses to monitor my readings. I feel if I am open and honest about my results, it'll help me control it. I don't know if I'm going to share the spreadsheet to the world or just make it available to the family.

I actually started work a little early this morning so that there will be no time conflicts with me getting to the POC by 2:45. I know there will be a small amount of traffic that I'm going to have to go through, but I think I am going to be a little ahead of the traffic jam that usually starts at about 3:00.

No comments: