Links

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Leaving for Basic

Tomorrow, George Ellis McClain, aka Moke, leaves for Missouri and the first phase of his basic training. He will go to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning and then will ship out from there on Thursday Morning for Fort Leonard Wood Missouri for his first phase of Basic Training. He will be there for two months and then ships off to Mississippi for the second phase of his training.

He will have the opportunity to return home for one week in December for the Christmas break, and then he will return to Mississippi for the rest of his training that will end at the end of January.

Moke has said that he will provide a mailing address once he gets there so that everyone will be able to write him. I will post the address on here like I did when Randy was at Camp Dawson so that everyone will have the opportunity to write to him while he is away. His only form of communication will basically be writing and an occasional phone call, but I have a feeling those will be reserved for Pam and George and Angela while he is away.

He is a big strong guy now, I'm waiting to see how lean and lean he will be when he finally returns. I have a funny feeling he is going to do quite well during the next few months.

I know I am very proud of him and what he has become. I don't think anyone could have done a better job than what Pam and George have done in instilling discipline, respect, education and competence in this young man. I once had a Boss, Dr. Jerry Fletcher at the NRAC, who once said the biggest compliment you can give a person is stating the fact that they are competent. Moke has more than earned that respect from me. In think he can and will accomplish anything and everything he sets his mind out to do. Good Luck Moke.


To value his own good opinion, a child has to feel that he is a worthwhile person. He has to have confidence in himself as an individual.--Sidonie Gruenberg

No comments: