Links

Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Calvin

It seems like only yesterday that Calvin was born and Dad was holding him. Maybe this is a little reminder on how fast time flies and how much it should be cherished.

Where have all the years gone, now Calvin is growing up into a fine young man. Yesterday Pam and George had a Pic Nic in honor of his birthday at Krepps Park. Every time I turned around I think Calvin wasn't wasting time worrying about the adults, he was busy having fun being a kid.

He is an adventuresome one, one who hates to be bored. Maybe we can all take a moment and learn from him, and his not wanting to waste any time because he is too busy having fun and enjoying life.

If you would ask me today what Calvin likes, it's an easy answer, he loves to play video games. It's been a pleasure watching this young man grow up, from the times when we taught him all the nasty words to say, even though I don't think Pam and George appreciated that too much. I think the first words to ever come out his mouth though is "Can I play the Sony" when he couldn't;t even hold his eyes open. Once again, he was too busy wanting to live life and have fun than to waste time by sleeping. Sometimes I wish I had one half of his energy.

Happy Birthday Calvin.

No comments: