Links

Friday, September 01, 2006

A football weekend

The WVU football season is down to being one day away, but many festivities will kick off tonight with Fan Fest at the WVU Mountainlair at 5:00. There is a lot of excitement entering this season, we finished last season ranked #5 and are once again a pre-season top 5 team again. Last year, the team was very young and was a Freshman and Soph dominated team, which means that there is a lot of talent that will not only be here this year but next year and some even beyond that.

There is going to be a video coming out to the 6'6" 240 song Gold N Blue that I think people are going to get really excited about. The video is going to make its debut on the big screen in front of a sold out Mountaineer Field tomorrow, and possibly the network might even pick it up. If you miss it tomorrow, I'm sure you'll get your chance to see it this season if the season goes as anticipated.

We also had our fantasy football draft last night, Phil Kaskey had the traveling trophy available for all of us who have never won it to see. I think I had a pretty good draft, I'm happy with my team to a certain extent. I deviated slightly from my original gameplan with my second round pick because of who was available, but I think I can make a good run with this team.

This is my second of a five day weekend for me, not too sure what I am going to get into tonight. Morgantown High plays Brooke tonight at Pony Lewis field, and there is fanfest at the Mountainlair at 5:00. I haven't decided yet on whether I may make one or both of those events.

I do know that tomorrow I'm going to be watching WVU and Marshall on TV rather than pay the Scalpers price for a ticket.

No comments: