Links

Friday, April 01, 2005

A ceremonial walk of passage.

Today is April 1, but it is more than April Fools day to me. It is a day that I feel that I take a ceremonial walk of passage in to the next chapter of my life while officially closing out the current one.

Part of my daily routine is to drive the WVU Coliseum and park my car for the day. It has been he beginning of my day for about six years now. I would park there and either walk to the PRT or to the Ag Sciences building to go to work. Since I graduated last May, it has primarily been me walking to work.

It has been a relaxing walk that actually has a breath taking view on some mornings.



Today is my last day to work at the NRAC and thus will be my last day to make this walk, I start working for VARGIS this coming Monday. It is going to be the final day of my college years you could say, even though I have already graduated. West Virginia University for the first time since 1999 will not be a part of my daily routine.

It is all going to come to a conclusion today when the work day is over. When I have to walk out of the NRAC and start that final walk to the Coliseum. That final walk is going to be a ceremonial walk of passage of me not only closing one chapter of my life, but starting the next chapter.



Although I am going to miss working with some people that have been very influential on my life, I look forward with great anticipation to what the future holds. It's also nice to not leave a job that I have worked at for any length of time for a better career opportunity rather than a company closing their doors and putting everyone out of work.

No comments: