Links

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a semi-quiet household, Kiwi is up and working his little computer, I think he is in there looking for seed recipes. I don't have the heart to tell him seeds come from plants, I hope he's not in there planning on frying up his seeds. Such an innovative little bird. 

Michelle is ready to return to work on Monday. She has been off for a while as to adjust some of her meds that she takes. She switched back to her doctor she likes and left the place she was at, and they have got her back to her old self, but with a lot more energy as she has to be doing something. 

We finally got our new washer and drying delivered and installed. I was talking to George and Calvin and told them that Michael had the old one directly wired into the dryer, I was going to do that again until I got talked out of it for safety reasons. So Calvin came over and put a 220 plus in and hooked up the pigtail to the dryer and got everything hooked up. We've been running to Millers Laundry at least once a week for 4-5 years because the dryer was shot. I was told it would be cheaper to buy a new one than get the parts and replace the old one. So now we don't have to run to the laundromat every weekend, fight for dryers and crowds and we can do all of it here. 

So what is on today's agenda, I think Michelle and I are going to go through the breaker box and identify what each breaker goes to and label it. It was never really done properly and now we are going to do it. 

I've joked that I need a stoplight sometimes to get out of my driveway. Well that happens Monday. The Utility Board is going to put temporary lights up to make it a one lane street in front of our house for two weeks as they move utilities. They are widening the road in front of the house and building a new bridge to cross the creek, and they have to move some of the utilities before they do that, so starting Monday if you travel Van Voorhis, you might want to consider an alternate route for a couple of weeks. 

Have yourselves a great day and enjoy your weekend. 

No comments: