Links

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Veterans Day

I am fortunate that tomorrow I get to extend my weekend by one day, but the reason for that extended weekend is actually because of today.

Today we honor and thank all Veterans and all active Military who have either served or are currently serving our Nation in the armed services as we celebrate Veterans Day.

I have a nephew Moke who served and did a tour in Iraq and my brother Jonathan has a daughter Sarah (my niece) who is currently serving has done three tours, I think two in Afghanistan and one in Iraq or the other way around. I thank both of them for their service and everyone else who ever dared to put on one of the uniforms and serve to protect us.

A little tidbit of information for you, since my Grandfather fought in WWI. The Great War (World War I as we know it), officially ended 100 years ago today on November 11, 1918. It was originally celebrated as Armistice Day but was changed to Veterans Day in 1954.

Have yourselves a great day today and thank a Veteran.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: