Links

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Hump Day

I learned Monday evening that Uncle Junior had passed away on Sunday. He was a very good man and has left behind one heck of a legacy leaving behind 7 children and 17 Grand Children and 23 Great Grand Children.

He was an amazing man, who lead a Gospel group years ago who still sing together to this day, but years ago the Gospel Singing Koon Family put out albums and toured the country singing their gospel tunes. You could always seem to find them on TV early Sunday mornings singing gospel songs as long as I can remember.

This evening Michelle and I will make a trip over to pay our respects to Uncle Junior and grieve with my cousins and their family at the Westover United Methodist Church where he first met Aunt Lottie.

Uncle Junior was a huge sports fan, I saw him at numerous WVU Fall Madness's for Basketball and a number of West Virginia Blackbear games.

He will be missed, but his legacy lives on. 

No comments: