Links

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned or just stole from some place on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been is a whole lot of fun.

The two men pictured in this photo are my Grandfather Ellis Hall on the left and the Minister at Drummond Chapel Church (Now Suncrest United Methodist) Harper Callison taken around 1972 or so. Reverend High had left a year or two prior and Reverend Smith had not taken over yet.

My Grandfather was the custodian at the church, so this was pretty much my playground when I was a young kiddie. I'm pretty sure the small church in the background is still there, but our house that we lived in is no longer there. The field that you see in the background, is now a hotel.

My Grandfather and Grandmother were two very hard working people. He would awake and be at work at 4:00 AM and she wasn't much different except on laundry days or Sunday dinner days when she would get up even earlier to start. Speaking of early starts my lovely wife is probably already at work when you are reading this.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: