Links

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Photo Flashback Thursday


2005 Prime Thyme

Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned or just stole from some place on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been is a whole lot of fun.

This picture reminds me just how time flies. This picture is from one of my favorite softball teams that I ever played for, this was the 2005 season Prime Thyme softball team. It was a pretty good team which makes the ability to have fun just so much easier. This team made it to the Championships and finished second in both the league and the post season tournament.

I remember there was one team that absolutely destroyed us in the regular season and were looking past us in the Semi-Finals to get to the Championship against the local police force, I think we won that game something like 23-1 to advance. They were an arrogant and loud group normally, almost to the point of obnoxious. I don't recall hearing a single word coming from them as we just lit them up on every aspect of the game.

Hard to believe that that was ten years ago. A finer group of men, whom I referred to as my Boys of Summer, you will not find. This team just played very well together regardless of who we were playing. We worked as a team ans we worked as a cohesive unit and beat some pretty loaded teams pretty handily. I miss the days of spending time with my Boys of Summer.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: