Links

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day, a Federal Holiday that I am fortunate enough to get to observe thanks to the efforts and of our armed services personnel who are being honored today.

Many Restaurants are honoring Veterans with free meals today. Of course there are rules and restrictions on some of these, if you are a Veteran follow up beforehand to any restaurant may want to visit to make it a pleasurable experience.

Although I never served, my Father, Grandfather, and my Nephew are all Veterans. My Grandfather fought in WWI and my nephew Moke fought in Operation Iraqi Freedom where he was deployed to Iraq for a while. I also have some cousins on my Mom's side who also served in this conflict.

To all Military Veterans I express a heart felt thank you to each and everyone of you. For it was your sacrifices that allowed us to live the freedom we do.

Honor the day and thank a Vet.

No comments: