Links

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Morning Rumblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm up watching Lethal Weapon 4 and surfing around on the internet catching my thoughts for the day. That dreaded loss to the Sandman is now behind me and I'm now drinking a Soda Stream version of Diet Mountain Dew, so I'm probably up for the day.

Well the West Virginia Grand Bash took placer yesterday at Mylan Park. I stopped in a couple of times fro some updates, that place was packed. I was kind of amazed that so many actually showed up for it, but there were 10,000 tickets. Sadly to say that the only thing Michelle and I won was a charitable donation to West Virginia University Children's Hospital. I would say they had a very successful event and I would look for them to do it again next year.

One thing that we did manage to get done yesterday was to finally after break out our Fiestaware. My Mother in Law Susie has been buying this for Michelle and I for a number of Christmas's now, she has been adding on and adding on to the set. We have a total of 8 place settings, 4 Black and 4 Gold which are the colors we chose years ago. Yes we are Steelers fans and that is why we chose to do two colors in sets of 4 instead of one color in a set of 8. I went out yesterday afternoon and got a nice Bamboo Silverware drawer organizer.

Michelle and I had decided to leave this wonderful gift in the original boxes and were not going to take them out until it was only her and I. Call it an empty nest celebratory prize that has been slowly accumulating through the years. It was a wonderful gift and all thanks goes to my Mother in Law as it is one that will last us a lifetime. The factory is actually between where her Mom and Grandmother live in Newell, West Virginia.

Have a great day and stay warm.

No comments: