Links

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

It's that special time of the year, a time when families get together and spend time together creating memories and, having a feast and just enjoying being around the people that you love and that love you the most.

It's the one time when this world shuts down and all the hatred is forgotten for one short day. It's why people tale vacation and travel home and it is a time for family.

Last night we went to my Sister Terri's house and I have to say that was one of the better Christmas Eve's that I have had outside of the monstrous extravaganza my dad used to put on and Jean kept it going for a few years after he passed.

The evening included a Chinese Gift Exchange that turned out to be a lot of fun, a visit from Santa Claus himself and plenty of great food including out Hot Sausage and Nick's remarkable Prime Rib. A very big thank you to Terri for not only hosting, but making this an exciting Christmas Eve. I want to do another video of the pictures I have taken, I'm still debating on the music to use.

I'm sitting here watching 24 hours of a Christmas Story, hoping Ralphie doesn't shoot his eye out. I love this Christmas classic, I DVR'd it once again since our last DVR went kaput so I can have it all year. I'll probably end up watching it 3-4 times today.


Today the individual family units come into play for everyone. Michelle and I as well as the kids will be heading over to Michelle's sisters for the Morgantown version of the family Christmas. Chris and Jim, Michelle's sister and Brother in Law, are great hosts and it is always very memorable. Her Mom makes the trip down from Pittsburgh and we once again are fortunate to spend Christmas with a house full of people that we love so much.

As I noted, I want to do another Christmas video for last night, it's been a number of years since I have done one. I used to use the default Windows Movie maker, but since I've done my last one there has been all kinds of better software to do them with, but I'm not familiar with them and I don't care to try to assemble something on Chad's iPad.

From my family to yours, have a safe and Merry Christmas.

No comments: