Links

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012


*  2012 started out great, the Mountaineers walloped Clemson in the Orange Bowl 70-33. WVU set the record for the most points scored in a bowl game, much less a BCS Bowl Game.

* Michelle spent the New Year sporting a pink cast on her foot which she had broken.

* Long time Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno passed away



* Punxatawny Phil saw his shadow promising siz more weeks of winter, but that had to be the mildest winter that I have ever witnessed in my lifetime.

* We officially booked our vacation for 2012 in February.

* We bought a new food processor and a bread maker as our dual Valentines Day gifts to each other.



* In March Michelle and I officially obtained our passports. We needed them for our cruise, if something goes wrong and you have to fly back, you had to have them. They are both good for ten years.

* Steve Judy bowled back to back 300 perfect games.

* Just for the heck of it, Michelle and I ran to Parkersburg, WV to do a little bit og Geocaching.

* Michelle's friend Holly released her book, "My Daughter, My Hero".


* My 2012 April Fools joke was that I was being transferred to Albany Oregon. Always a possibility, not much of a probability.

* We had our family easter Egg Hunt at Amy's.

* Michelle and I visited the Flight 93 memorial.


* Michelle's dad finally entered the 21st Century, he bought a cell phone. An iPhone specifically.

* Michelle and I took a nice day trip to Wheeling to visit Wheeling Downs.

* We attended the WVU Graduation where Michelle's niece Amanda graduated.

* My brother and sister in law, Jim and Chris Paugh, went to Hawaii so all of the kids got together and re-organized their thrift store downtown.

* We took a day trip to Ohiopyle for a cookout.

* We attended Danielle's graduation party. She had finished up her college career at Wheeling Jesuit.



* Michelle's Dad Dave came in to play golf at Lakeview, we hosted a nice cookout in the back yard. We made some great steaks.

* An Atlas I had previously worked on won a very prestigious award.

* My niece Amy had a baby shower.

* Chad was hospitalized and had to have surgery.

* With Jean and Gary, Michelle and I attended our our fifth Jimmy Buffet concert together. It was my sixth and Jean and Gary's first.


* West Virginia University "Officially" entered the Big XII.

* We took a hot summer day day trip to Idlewild Park and the Soak Zone.

* The Pittsburgh Pirates were actually playing very good baseball.

* I found out that I tore my Labrum.

* The family welcomed the birth of Kylea Rae Dalton.

* We took a trip to the burgh to celebrate a couple of Birthdays. Chris O was surprised with his 40th birthday party and we stopped in on Michelle's niece Abby's party.

* We had a big Pamperd Chef Party.



* Michelle and I celebrated our first Wedding Anniversary. I guess we got promoted from rookies to veterans.

* We traveled to Cleveland Ohio for Michelle's cousins wedding. It was the first time I had ever seen any of the great lakes.

* I attended my 30th High School Reunion. It was a two day event starting Friday Night and ending up Saturday night.

* Michelle had surgery.

* Chad and Johnny took over Scales and Tails in Westover.

* We took a trip to Amish Country in Ohio and attended a Family reunion in the same area.


* At the start of our vacation, we visited the national Aquarium in Baltimore.

* We set sail on our week long cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport Bahamas. It was the first time either of us had ever left the country.

* The Mountaineers started off the 2012 College Football season with a real bang,



* We took a day trip with my old buddy Smitty and his wife Steph to Springs PA for the Springs Festival.

* Arron Hill played his Senior Homecoming game for University High School.  I were there to cheer him on and grab a few pictures.

* Michelle and I both upgraded our iPhones to the iPhone 5. She was not eligible when they first came out, so I waited until she was eligible before we bought the new ones.

* Hayley took over as manager of the Transit Center BFS/Gloria Jeans store.

* I celebrated my 3,000th blog post.

* Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast. Dumping a significant amount of snow in the area and causing many to be without power for an extended period of time.



* East Gate Manor finally had their Trick or Treating, I told everyone it would be hit or miss and it was an absolute hit. We had nearly 1,000 pieces of candy and were out of candy within the first hour.

* We celebrated Thanksgiving with Michelle's family as we have done every year at the Cassville Fire Hall.

* Michelle headed out for some Black Friday shopping as I stayed at home and avoided that mess.

* We attended Michelle's 25th High School class reunion

* We got an early start and put up our 2012 Christmas Tree.


* We took out a weekend and did all of our Christmas baking. I love Cookie day =)

* A Gas Pipeline exploded in Southern West Virginia.

* We attended my Company Christmas party at Oliverios and received our fourth Make A Wish Christmas ornament.

* We traveled to East Liverpool, Ohio to spend Christmas with Michelle's family.

* We did outlast the Mayan Calender and survived the Apocalypse.

* We spent Christmas Eve with my family at My sister Terri's home. I did my first Christmas Eve video in a few years.

* I have posted including this one, 421 Blog posts for 2012.

* See you on the other side of New Years. 

No comments: