Links

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After

I just love my sister in law's tree topper, she uses it every year and it's just the one you look forward to seeing every year.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I am pretty sure everyone here did. Hayley came over yesterday morning and we all opened up our gifts and Michelle fixed a big breakfast for everyone. It was a Christmas morning feast to say the least and yes I did have a traditional Hot Sausage Hoagie early in the AM. I talked to Pam yesterday and she didn't make it Christmas Eve because she had to work, but she said she went out and made sure that she could have one Christmas morning.

The Hot Sausage on Christmas I think all started when we were all kids. If you knew my dad, he would always cook in overabundance and he always seemed to have Hot Sausage every Christmas Eve. There was always some left over the next morning so we all used to eat a Hot Sausage Hoagie as we were opening our gifts and that tradition just carried over for decades. I know for me it would not be Christmas without one.

I'm on vacation the rest of the week and Michelle just got up as she has to work today. They are calling for a winter snow advisory today, I'm just thankful we have an awesome all wheel drive Forester named Pearl and not very far for her to travel.

I think I will start setting up the formatting for my year end blog today.

No comments: