Links

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Morning Rumblings

I sit here on a semi-quiet Sunday morning once again collecting my thoughts and realizing that I missed a celebratory BLOG post when I posted last week about the possibility of buying my first brand new car. That was an under the radar 2,500th post for me as a Blogger. I will beginning my eighth year as a blogger on the same day our country observes the ten year anniversary of September 11.

Talk about consistency, how many people have taken an experimental hobby and continued to do it almost every day for 8 year? It all started in 2004 when I heard someone make a statement, "I'm not a Blogger, I'm a Grogger". I knew that a Grog was a basically a cup of beer, but I had no idea what a Blogger was so I researched it. That's where George's Journal: My First Post all started.

I site back eight years later and never straying from the option of Blogging and know that I have created a unique piece of online history about nothing more than what has happened in my life and the lives of my family and friends as seen by my eyes. I've shared birthdays, celebrations and tragedies and created a historical timeline for anyone who cares to reference of the events surrounding my life and in a few cases my feelings at the time.

I've tried to avoid allowing a blog to be used as a tool to purposely slander, insult or berate anyone else, much less an intended reader. I decided a long time ago that I would try to never try to sink to that level on a place that is recording my life's ongoing story.

I look back over the past eight years and 2,500+ times in my life that I took time out and sat down at a computer keyboard and tried to share the positive aspects of my life. I've covered births, birthdays, deaths, graduations, anniversaries, marriages, job hunts, career changes, parties, a number of events, tidbits, pictures and videos, and helped everyone start a weekend or two. I have had a feud with that damn groundhog from Punxatawney named Phil, expressed what seasons I do not like and have even attempted to cover the career of my former Softball Right Fielder as he went away to college and his journey until he reached the major leagues earlier this year.

I'm proud of my blog, and I am so thankful after all of these years that I stuck to the original plan and have created something that if no one else enjoys, is enjoyment for me.

Ramble over, time to think about grocery shopping. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti.