Links

Thursday, March 18, 2010

AAAAARRRRRRRR

Ahoy Matey's, Captain George here about to set sail to parts unknown. Actually that is a picture of me right before I was released from the Hospital yesterday from my surgery.

I have been told it is one of the easiest surgeries you will ever go through and I think I have to agree. Of course I was a little bit nervous knowing they were going to work on my eye while I was wide awake, but the procedure was quick, simple and painless. I was curious if I could see anything while they operated on it, well the answer to that question is basically no. I could see everything out of my left eye, but it was covered.

My surgery was scheduled for 11:15, but they had me going in about 20 minutes after 10 and once I got back to my area and Michelle got back to me in recovery it was 11:20. I have to wear this patch until 8:00 when I go to see my doctor and have it removed. My guess is he is going to dilate it again and take a good look at it once again. I'm anxious to be able to see again out of that eye. I was blind as a bat, I could make out shapes but that was about it.

Ironically Mom is also going in today to have surgery on her second eye. She had her first procedure done a few weeks back and this surgery couldn't come quick enough for her. She said it was a major improvement and looks forward to having the other rye fixed today.

Everything is good, the operation went well and I am recovering nicely. Thanks to Michelle for being by my side through this whole procedure.

No comments: