Links

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Pedlar's Glory

Yesterday my better half, Michelle, and I decided to take another day and do a little bit more geocaching. I let her pick and choose a few and she found three and we randomly chose one of them. It was called Pedlar's Glory and was actually about 1/3 of a mile from Pam's or so, and that is as the bird flies not the path you had to go. Needless to say it was about a 400' difference in elevation from Google Earth and about 500' climb in elevation according to the Topo Map of the location. This rise in elevation came in 8/10ths of a mile.

We searched for the cache and then found it, and much to our surprise it had a travel bug contained within it. What a travel bug is is a marked object that has an identification number. If you remove the travel bug, you are supposed to go to the internet and log where you found and removed it and once again when you re-hide it for the next person to find and take with them. The little yellow man off to my side is the travel bug that we removed. The one we found was called All Smiles and Hugs and I have logged that we have found it and will be trying to find a place to hide it this week. This bug was placed in it's current location in January. It has been From Ohio, To PA to Ontario to West Virginia. So far it has traveled 406.7 miles, of course that will go up when we rehide it.

As we were walking out, I told Michelle I was going to look over the other side of the Hill and see how close it was to Pam's house. As you can see by this picture, it was a direct shot to her house, only with a little bit of elevation. I called her and spoke to George. I told him he would never guess where I was at, I don't know how, but he did in one guess if you believe that. He must be psychic.

We took our time before we left to enjoy the scenery that we had worked so hard to get to. This picture is the route we walked back, but we walked up though the woods. Needless to say the view was breathtaking. What a great day.

We parked where the pond is located, if it looks like I am standing on top of something, I wasn't standing on top of anything but the hill. It just was almost straight up to where I was standing until you see the ground at the bottom of the picture.



No comments: