Links

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Speechless

I post at a website called Blue and Gold News. It is WVU's largest online community and arguably the best source of information about WVU athletics. Every year we among ourselves and our community bestow honors among posters. I have been nominated for numerous awards before, and up until this year I had never won an award.

Last week, I was bestowed my first honor when I was selected from amongst my roughly 25,000 peers as the Most Under Rated Poster. I had been nominated for awards numerous times, but never won one.

My biggest honor came today. Once a year they name a single poster into the Hall of Fame. On a site where I have seen upwards of 10,000+ posters online at one time, I was the lone inductee into the 2008 Hall of fame, making me only the sixth member of this club. One is deceased, one never posts there anymore and the other two are long time online friends and a site administrator.

I was inducted by fellow Hall of Famer Mustang65 in this thread.

I am speechless to be named a member of the Hall of fame in West Virginia Universities largest online community.