Links

Saturday, November 04, 2006

ShitzNGiggles.com

As I have mentioned before, I registered the domain name shitzngiggles.com and wanted to develop it into a commercial site in one way or another. Just by the name, the theme needs to be time wasting stuff such as games. I did it with the intention of just developing a site that will generate traffic and I can run google ads on and make a few extra coins.

The first site I was going to purchase contained over 1,600 games. The more I started looking at it and I noticed that I wouldn't even have spent any time playing these games. The games were imitations of other games, and they played slow and really weren't that entertaining.

I kept searching for a template that I felt comfortable with. I wanted a user friendly site that would first give me a nice base of games that I would actually play and one that I could easily add the games that I want to be on the site.

I actually found a site that would support .flv files (Flash Video like YouTube and other sites) as well as numerous other formats.

I found one last night that I really felt comfortable with. Both with the existing content and the ability to add and organize new content. One that has a few nice features including printing out the code for you to put the game on Blogger or MySpace etc.

Let's not forget to mention that the site I feel more comfortable with was a little over 1/3 the price I was initially leaning towards purchasing. I've already bought the script and have paid for them to install it in case there are any problems. I'm learning MySQL and PHP and could install it (did it as a test on my old server), but I want them to come in and get it 100% up and running with the content.

This is the Template that will be installed.

No comments: