Links

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Most missed day of work

Today in West Virginia is the single most missed day of work in the state. Today is the first day that hunters can actually shoot a deer with a rifle. Bow season has been open about a month, but the ability to use a rifle just adds to the amount of hunters out in the woods today.

Gun season in West Virginia traditionally runs for two weeks starting on the Monday prior to Thanksgiving. Many people schedule their vacations around this week so that they can get out in the woods. However, everyone thinks like that and most hunters take the first day of the season off so that they can get out in the woods.

I was telling Kim last night that there was a year when I worked at Sterling Faucet and my department consisted of twenty-seven employees. On year on this day there were three of us in our department working that day. I was one, the other two were two brothers who lived in Pennsylvania whose season doesn't start till next Monday.

I wish all hunters a very safe and productive season, kill them in the woods so I don't run them over with my car. That sounds mean, but hunters reduce the deer population so many of them do not starve to death over the winter.

1 comment:

kamey said...

Hey, thanks for the blog comment..sometimes I feel so alone with what I am going though with Daniel. I would love to meet you and the rest of his family...feel
free to email me anytime:
kameybell3305@yahoo.com