Links

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Smashing the ice

The past couple of days I was talking to my sister Kim through MSN and we started talking about websites and such. What our server offered and pricing plans. She was with Yahoo and from a developers standpoint, I thought it was very user unfriendly, complicated and over priced. She really liked the picture program that I run on my site and I tried to install it on Yahoo's server and it turned out to be more of a headache than it was worth.

I gave her a chance to see the internal part of my website and she installed Coppermine and got it up and running rather easily. I think she really likes what my image viewing software offers. Yesterday she switched servers and will soon begin the process of pointing the DNS server to the new host (Technical mumbo jumbo).

Anyways, last night I actually went up to their house to assist her in setting up her Front Page software to FTP her site up to the new server (more mumbo jumbo).

It was nice to visit and see everyone, especially Brittany. She was proud as heck that she made the honor roll again and I think she's going to manage to do somethign I never could and that's obtain a 4.0. I came close 3 times and one was REALLY close, but I never did accomplish it. I have a feeling she will.

Anyways, she's using a new host and I'm sure her site will be going through some very noticable changes soon. She has her Picture Viewer all set up and ready to go. She's already done the hard part and now just needs to start uploading pictures and creating albums. She's the creative one, so I'm sure hers will be more organized than mine.

No comments: