Links

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sunday Morning Rambling

Here I sit in a quiet household, I'm up a little too early for me and am going to be laying back down very soon. Something is on the TV, couldn't tell you what it was.

First off condolences to the Dalton Family and their loss. Ralph's step dad has found the answers to the other side after a long and courageous battle with cancer.

Now as far as the game yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised and I think we were shown how good of a football coach we have. I have to say Neal Brown is on another level of thinking with something he did, I scratched my head why and realized this man is an absolute master strategist. It came with 3 minutes left to play with us up 44-27 and getting ready to kick an extra point. The ball was snapped and the holder just simply downed the ball by taking a knee. I was left scratching my head wondering WTF was that? Coaches reasoning, being up 17 points with 3 minutes left to go meant it was a 3 score game. Meaning it would have taken NC State 2 touchdowns and a field goal to tie or beat us, a 3 score game. If we kick it and it is blocked and returned it is good for 2 points and now just became a 2 score game. Never seen any coach on any level anywhere use that reasoning, but he is absolutely right. The man is on a whole different level when it comes to the games strategy.

Other than that, grocery shopping and the Steeler game at 1:00 are on our agenda for the day.

Have a great day.

No comments: