Links

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all Father's a very Happy Father's Day. This just like Mother's Day has local origins as the First Father's Day Celebration was held in Fairmont West Virginia on July 5, 1908, two years before Spokane Washington held their first celebration thought the efforts of Mrs. Grace Golden Clayton despite what incorrect history may tell you. It was to honor those fallen in a mine explosion on December 6, 1907 in Monongah, West Virginia.

I did see a very touching poem on Facebook, one that was directed at Father's who have passed away and are no longer with us. Michelle has two kids and my own father have all passed away, but they are not forgotten:



Happy Father's Day, Dad. Yellow roses grow in heaven, Lord pick a bunch for me. Place them in my Dad's arms and tell him they're from me. Tell him that I love and miss him. When he turns to smile place a kiss upon his cheek & hold him for awhile, because remembering him is easy, I do it every day. There's an ache in my heart that will never go away



Today Michelle and I will be going to Pittsburgh Airport to pick up Hayley who will be returning from a two week vacation in Alabama. We may even try to stop in and see some of her family since we will be in the area, but those plans are still incomplete.

No comments: