Links

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moke's First Day of College

Moke caled me a couple times yesterday morning, the first was on his way to his first college class. He seemed a little bit nervous, but more so he seemed to be excited.

After his first class (it was English) he called me again and seemed pretty happy. He had finally started to accomplish a dream he has, he has taken the first steps on campus.

Later yesterday he had a Math Class and an online College 101 class where they will probably be covering the basics on being a college student and exposing him to all the possible majors that are out there.

Needless to say that I am very proud of him personally as I am sure his Mom and Dad, his Brother, Grandmother and Aunts and Uncles are also very proud of him.

I remember years ago seeing a definition for the word genius that I have never forgotten and believe to the fullest. Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration. Anyone can dream big, it's making those dreams reality that people will remember, respect and look up to you for.

Good Luck Moke.

No comments: