Links

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A great day of geocaching.

Yesterday Michelle and I set out to find a few geocaches, we decided to pick a few with a less challenging terrain and more challenging to find. We managed to find six yesterday and have a challenge for another one.

We started out with Dent's Run Covered Bridge. This was a fairly easy find and a time to reflect at an old covered bridge still in Morgantown. If anyone would like to try to find this cache on your own to see what we do, I will tell you where it is located, just contact me. It will give everyone an introduction into what we do. We dropped off the Travel Bug Dog Tag at this cache.

Then it was on to our third Cache, Micro at the Lair. This cache is somewhat challenging, but findable. It is a 1" by 1/2" micro cache container that merely fits a piece of paper for the log.


After finding this one, it was off to find cache fourth for the day in Smithtown called BarbieGirl's Quick Cache. Once again this was an easy find and only a couple miles down the road from Terri's Bar and right along the road surface. It was a very quick and very easy find.

Then it was off to Pricketts Fort to find WVWarlok's 1st Stash. I have to say that the walk out to the cache was pretty easy and very scenic. For the second time today we cached at a historical place with a nice little story behind it. Prickett's Fort is a very educational place and an enjoyment to visit. Ironically as I told Michelle yesterday, this was the location of me catching my first fish, on our Nation's Bicentennial.

With four down it was off to cache number five for the day at Almost Nashville. This cache was located at Sagebrush RoundupSupport Our Troops 19 Geocide Geocoin and will rehide it on our next journey geocaching. Also in this location was a very funny travel bug that we did not take. It's called Key to my Ex's Car. This travel bug was absolutely hilarious. A guy stole his wife's car key and made a travel bug out of it. On the paper it says if there are any keys you want to get rid of, feel free to add them to the keychain. There were roughly 15 keys on that chain, I added one of my old keys to that cache for enjoyment. This cache started in Portland and so date as traveled 9,282.7 miles. I am watching the progress of this bug.

After finding our first five, we accepted a very challenging cache that we will continue to try to find. Cache on the Mon is one that is driving local geocachers batty. To date, it has been thirty-one weeks and this cache has not been found yet. Even the very experienced cahers are having a tough time with this one, I'll get it eventually though. We DID NOT find this cache.

However then it was off to find cache number six for the day called The Lion's Den. Michelle found this micro cache very quickly for our sixth and final find of the day.

On my side bar if you can see it, I have added a geocaching widget with my history as a geocacher.

This was a great weekend.