Links

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Great day for a walk.

Wow, is the weather nice today. It finally feels like springtime has arrived and my favorite time of the year is upon us. The time when you can get outside and be active.

Today, I took full advantage of the weather and grabbed my GPS unit and my Ipod and headed to rails to trails. How nice was the weathwer? Nice enough that I managed to go the longest distance today since I was running 9 miles every other night in 1987.

It started out as a typical walk, but I was feeling good and decided to keep going, to the point where I managed to walk 6.59 miles this afternoon. It's been a long time since I knowingly went that far for exercise, roughly 20 years. Today the weather was nice and I was feeling real good, so I managed to add the extra distance. I usually walk anywhere between 3 and 4 miles when I go to rails to trails, but like I said I was feeling good today and decided to add some distance.

I walked my normal route but even expanded it and when I got back to the car it was 4.2 miles, so I decided to try 5 then 6 miles, but once I got so far out I went to a specific point on the trail and returned. Todays total verified by my GPS unit, 6.59 miles when I returned to the car.

It's been a good day.

No comments: