Links

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday ramblings

We are once again at Friday, the start of the weekend and the end of another week at work. The time when we can start enjoying thr fruits of our labor.

I had my diabetes education class yesterday and everything went pretty well. I am now going to start lowering the frequency of my blood glucose testing. I could have cut back previously, but I wanted to document what my numbers were doing after the change in medication.

Yesterday evening we had softball practice and things went real well. After practice BOPARC had thei annual managers meeting where we learn our teams fate for the following season. Two years ago we finished second in the regular season and were moved up to AA. Last year we had a duplicate record from the previous season, but finished in third place for the regular season. We were told we would be moved up to AAA to play this season so nwe started recruiting a few players to fit a few gaps from players who have moved away from last years team. We think we may have a guy come in to play shortstop who was with the Braves organization and I have played against for years. Last night we found out we are not being moved up and will be able to play AA again, the two teams who finished the regular season ahead of us were forced to move up. Could be an interesting year.

Sunday, we are going to go out and have kind of a double scrimmage with two teams where three teams are going to round robin scrimmage with each other. One is the team who finished first in our league and was one of the teams moved to AAA for this season, and I'm not sure who the other team is. So, during scrimmages we're going be challenged pretty intensly to prepare us for the season.

How do you like this weather? It's warming up and I will be able to get out and around this weekend. I'm over the flu and the weather is going to be nice.

MVP Paintball is doing a woods tournament tomorrow that I may go and play. It's going to be against a bunch of air force recruits.

Have a great Friday

No comments: