Links

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Tuesdays Tidbits

* Every once in a while it's nice to run a tidbits post addressing little things rather than to overextend something that I really don't have a whole lot to say about. On with the tidbits.

* As most of you may already know, my sister Terri was injured at work last week. I guess the gas oven wasn't lit and it ignited when she checked it. She received first and second degree burns on her face and neck and lost about what she estimated as a third of her hair. She's OK and already back to work.

* My Nephew Daniel called me last Saturday night from Kentucky concerned about Terri's welfare. It was nice to hear from him. Although the recent winter storm we were supposed to get this past weekend didn't hit us, he said that they had received a couple inches of snow.

* I didn't want to Jinx the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's why I wasn't saying anything about the AFC Championship game. The Steelers have a tendency to lose it when they play it in Pittsburgh, this loss makes the fourth loss in the last five attempts to make the Superbowl from home. Good luck to the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

* Speaking of the Super Bowl. Country Inn is the place to be to watch the game.

* I sent out a few e-mails last night to a few classmates from the Morgantown High Class of 1982 to see if they could update their information and pass the link on to others from the class so we can get an up to date list of information on everyone. After twenty plus years, you have to fish a little bit for information on classmates to find their e-mail addresses. For any and all of you Morgantown High Alumni, keep checking back on your classes information or have someone contact Mark Devault at Mark@devault.org to get your class hosted.

* Speaking of Databases, I'm helping Mark construct the WVU Football Database. Right now I'm going through and adding some complete rosters from all the years that we can obtain the information for. WVU's Sports Communication Department has been very helpful in allowing Mark access to their records. Stay tuned, Mark is the King of MySQL and it's going to be a good learning experiance.

* The WVU Men's Basketbal team hosts the defending NCAA Champion UCONN Huskies tonight. We have been a very cold shooting team the last few games, if something doesn't change and a few players don't get hot shooting the ball from three point land, it's going to be a long night for Coach Beilein. Although, if we get hot, which we are due, it could be interesting.

* Bought the DVD Friday Night Lights this past Friday. It had a alot of criticalaclaim and hype and for once I actually agreed with the critics. I thought it was a good movie. Not the greatest sports movie, but well worth the proice of admission.

* I finally got around to burning the CD's that everyone had requested. I have the software Nick requested and Val's Wedding pictures burnt and ready to be used.

* I got mny first chance to use Office 2003 at work. It was the first time that I actually used this version of Office and I was impressed. I use Office XP at home and I sometimes even use Open Office.

* I am still boycotting the Dominishing Post after they went to a pay site last week. I don't even bother picking up the paper edition anymore.

* Did I ever mention that I hate snow?

No comments: