Links

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Weekend Wrapup

Wow, I swear weekends seem to be getting shorter and shorter. I even got off work a little early Friday because I stayed so late on Thursday Night to try and get our 36" scanner working properly.

Worked a little on the Football Database, but not too much. I need to get hopping on that. My knee was sore this weekend and I just relaxed Saturday, then Sunday I was busy writing a little script so that Mom will be able to keep better track of the books at Country Inn. It was just a simple but time consuming spreadsheet in excel that I ended up writing it in. I was going to build an Access Database, but I was reminded to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and chose not to do so. Maybe in the long run I'll design them one customized to their needs.

I see my mom finally did another BLOG entry. I was happy to see it, hopefully she can write a little more often for people outside of Morgantown. I like the fact that all the BLOGS are now tied in together, makes it a little easier to keep track of what's going on around the family.

My niece did manage to kick a little more ass and make the Honor Roll again. She's making me very proud, I can't emphasize how important education is. It's what prepares you for life and beyond, Brittany has been doing a lot of studying and has really excelled in the classroom.




I managed to get an e-mail off to my nephew Randy at the Mountaineer Challenge Acadamy. He's probably still in the phase where they are starting to build his confidence back up after breaking him down. If you are reading this, do him a favor and drop him an encouraging e-mail, it'll be a definate lift to him on this challenging journey.

wvchallenge@wvchallenge.org
Subject: Cadet Hamrick

Has to be mailed by 3:00 for him to receive it that day. Remember he can't respond, so I'm sure encouraging words from everryone will be very appreciated.


No comments: