Links

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned, or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been is a whole lot of fun.

This week's picture goes back to I would guess the summer of 1977. I'm looking awful sportish in my little league baseball cap, cut off shorts and my knee-high tube socks being held up by rubber bands. This was a very significant day in my life, but I have no idea why we took a picture of me and my then stepbrother Marty together. We were about the same age, but there was another reason we were all there. 

I remember this past Thanksgiving sitting on that great wall you see behind us, I was sitting with my niece Brittany and we were waiting for everyone to show up so that we could all go bowling that evening. I remember pointing to about where I am standing and asking Brittany if she knew anything about that spot. She did not. 

Now here is the irony of this picture, this was the very first time I can remember meeting my sister Kim who is only one year younger than me (or 35 years older depending on how old you believe I am). I also met my sister Terri close to there just about 3-4 years earlier. From where we are standing (and yes I measured it on google earth) I met my Sister Terri 195' (68 yards) from there. 

Pam and Gary I had known since birth, but my two sisters where I shared the same mother and father I didn't meet until I was 9 or 10 years old for Terri and 13 years old for Kim. Don't get me wrong I don't mind a picture of a stepbrother that this was our only meeting, but I think I would have rather of had a picture with my sisters. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: