Links

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Saturday Morning Rambling

Here I sit, along with my semi-trustworthy coauthor Peanut in this somewhat quiet household. We're here discussing if there should be any bowl games this year in college football and have the TV playing in the background as we carry on this very in-depth conversation. 

Yesterday we went to my sister Kim's and had a gingerbread house-building event. Actually, all the girls got together and built their houses as the guys sat back and saved ourselves from the frustration of getting the houses to hold themselves together in the first place. We started with five builders but Terri was a little under the weather and headed home before she could finish her build. We did have a great evening and it was a lot of fun, hopefully we can all do something similar like this again someday. 

The laptop that I was supposed to receive yesterday got delayed from Best Buy. I bought a laptop for the contact tracing job that I start training for on Monday, but it was delayed in shipment somehow. It's a job that will run through the end of January and then I may start my certification for fieldwork for 2021. That's what I usually go to St Louis for every year, but RTI had determined that we will certify this year remotely due to COVID. 

Most college football games have been cancelled today, many schools have either had problems with COVID or are just not playing for one reason or the other. The one game of the year that I love to watch is Army-Navy and they are in fact playing this afternoon at 3:00, so I am looking forward to that. 

Some bad news that was released yesterday, Mylan Pharmaceuticals who employ 1,500 people here just in their manufacturing operations on Chestnut Ridge Road will be closing July 31st. They were sold last year and the parent company is shutting down the facility, but the production facility will remain open. Other sites in town like the accounting and network teams will find out their fate next week. 

Can I just say 2020 has not been the best of years for anyone? 

Have yourselves a great day today and make it memorable. 

No comments: