Links

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Kick in the Gonads kind of Day

Not doing my traditional Tuesday's tidbits today so I can do a little bit of venting about some of the events that transpired yesterday morning.

Last week I in a round about way indicated that I had officially accepted a contingent offer, it was verbally offered to me actually on Tuesday and I formally accepted the offer on Friday morning from FEI Systems about a job posting as a GIS Administrator position in Baltimore Maryland. It was a little less money, but I'm in need of a job and it would have put me in a good position I felt.

I was actually a little excited about the offer and Michelle started looking for places in Baltimore to live, and we were both quite happy with the direction it was going.

Then yesterday morning I got a call from the HR representative indicated that there was a notice of a decision to announce the winner of the contract and FEI Systems, the company I was going to work for, did not win the contract and the offer had to be rescinded. Talk about an unexpected kick in the gonads.

I never stopped applying for positions even after my offer came along, I wasn't putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak. So I guess the search continues.

Have a great day.

No comments: