Links

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

Here I sit on a quiet Easter Sunday Morning, I'm the first one up this morning despite it being a late night binge watching another season of Survivor. Peanut is once again no where to be found and I'm flying solo once again.

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Easter despite what is going on in our world. The Corona virus is something none of us have ever experienced in any of our lifetimes and still has not seemed to have peaked. It has changed our society as we know it including the most religious Christian holiday of the year. 

If I have to think back to what may be one of my fondest Easter Memories, I have to think back to when I was a kid living with my Grandparents. We had an Easter Dinner one year when we lived beside the church as we would usually have family gatherings. I remember my Dad setting up some kind of a scavenger hunt where Sharon, Lynne and myself would be occupied running all over the place trying to win a prize. I think it was more to keep us occupied and out of everyone's way as they were preparing food. Our prize, those damn knuckle busting clack balls that I never could get the hang of. That and some toxic bubbles in a tube that you put on a straw and blew a bubble. I'm telling you some of the toys from my youth were just down right dangerous.

We got our grocery shopping done yesterday morning, so today is going to be a planned relaxation day. We're going to have a small ham for dinner, but nothing really out of the ordinary with the exception of some deviled eggs and some brown and serve rolls.

Have yourselves a great day, make it special and memorable.


No comments: