Links

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again up in the early AM, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with the dreaded Sandman last night. I'm up watching I have no idea on some channel, how is that for specifics, and I'm collecting my thoughts for this new day.

First of all as everyone knows I write my weekday blogs a day ahead of time and my weekend blogs are always live blogs, meaning I write them before I post them. I do have to say that this entire week has been a very eventful one for everyone in the family, I've seen highs and lows, great times and disappointment, disgust to excitement. The highlight so far has been the Jimmy Buffett Concert where I grabbed as many pictures as I could. Everyone had a great time and we are all waiting for next years show.

I'm not going to discuss the low points as they involve my brother and I see this as the end of a problem and the chance for a new beginning. It will be a while before he will be the brother that we all know and love so much, but rest assured that this is now the time to switch our emotions from anger to support as he will fight this long battle on the road to recovery. He is after all is said and done and after all that he has done, my brother and my family. If you still hold anger at this point, your problems lie withing your own heart. It's time for some very tough love, but love is still and will always be the key word. I've had a few disagreements with family members and siblings before in my life, too many to mention, but the one common factor in all of them is the fact that we are still family and I still love each and every one of them from the very bottom of my heart, even though at times you would just love to smack them upside the head and say "WTF are you thinking"...lol

Have yourselves a great day, and try to avoid this side of town. Those pesky residents known as students are still on their way back and the head ache has just began.

On a side note I wonder how my niece Brittany feels right now, she graduated from WVU this spring and this will be the first fall where her academic career is behind her.

Once again, have a great day.

No comments: