Links

Friday, July 20, 2012

Thirteen Years Ago

It was thirteen years ago today, a day that I don't think I will ever forget. A day that my life changed forever, a day life exited my Fathers body and it laid at rest for the start of eternity. I'll never forget the first time I saw my fathers lifeless body, just minutes after he had passed. My heart sunk like it has never sunk in my life.

Thirteen years later we still reflect upon the life of a great man that we lost that day. A man that my siblings and I called dad, a man my nieces and nephews called pap or grandpa, a man who all of the men who worked under him in the mines called friend and a man who was loved by all who ever met him.

I like to think that he was a very, if not the most influential person in my life.

We Miss you dad.

No comments: