Links

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowed In

What can I say other than I am so glad that our weekend to travel to Ohio was the previous weekend and not this weekend.

The Governor declared a State of Emergency, and the snow pounded North Central West Virginia to a point where everything was basically not moving. The internet buzz from the people in the area was that people loved it, but you all know by now my opinion of snow. However, the Saturday before Christmas and a lot of baking on the agenda was the best time and day to be snowed in.

Michelle and I went out Friday Night and stocked up on things that we (or should I say she) would need to bake Christmas Cookies. We started at Wal-Mart and ended up at Giant Eagle before the the start of the snowstorm started to get anywhere near being serious.

What we ended up with was a large variety of cookies and more on the way. The Peanut butter balls are still in the freezer and Michelle is wanting to make a few more this afternoon after we get some white chocolate to go with the macadamia nuts.

If you have to ask me what my favorite one was, it was the butterscotch and walnut cookies that she made yesterday. NEVER underestimate the power of butterscotch in place of chocolate chips.

It was a great day to be snowed in.

No comments: