Links

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Sad Day

Reading todays paper I noticed that Henry "Yup Yup" Drosky passed away yesterday at the Sundale Nursing Home.

"Yup Yup" as the Mountaineer nation remembers him was named by WVU Hall of Fame football coach Don Nehlen as West Virginia's Number one fan. He was legenday, he had some kind of disability that caused his condition, the only words you would ever hear him say was "Yup Yup", which is where henry earned his name and reputation from Mountaineer fans. Any time I ever went to a WVU sporting event in my youth Henry was always there. Any time I had ever been to a mountaineer sport practice even much less a game, Henry was always there.

I always said he deserved to be honored as WVU's most loyal fan.

Uncle Junior (George Koon) will be officiating the Funeral Monday Morning at the McCulla Funeral Home.

I shot this portion of video years ago with dad's camera. RIP Henry, you will be missed, but never forgotten.

No comments: