Links

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Josh Signs with the Cleveland Indians

Over the past few years I have covered a baseball career of a long time softball team mate of mine named Josh Judy. When I first started this BLOG, a post I made in the first month was when Josh Signed at Indiana Tech. I had played softball with him a few years and knew of his baseball potential.

While at Indiana Tech, Josh made All-American this past season and decided to enter the MLB draft this past season. He was selected by the Cleveland Indians during the draft, a team that he wanted to play for. I guess since they are an American league team, I can now have a co-favorite team as I am a lifelong Pirates fan.

Recently Josh decided to pass up his Senior Season and signed a contract with the Cleveland Indians and he will report to Winter Haven Florida Rookie League team on Tuesday.

Josh said " I've done pretty much all I can do in college sports, Now I'm trying to make a dream become reality." I have watched him develop from a 14 year old kid, to a SR QB at UHS who saw his SR year go down the tubes with a torn ACL to winning the State American Legion Baseball Championship, to being an All-American.

Hey Josh, I want some tickets when you make the Major League debut. Good luck.

No comments: