Links

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A night at the ballpark

My old team played a double header last night and my team was off, so I decided to stop down at the ballpark and watch a few games.

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to sit down an talk to Josh for a while, he's leaving this afternoon and will be in Orlando at 3:00 this afternoon to report to the Indians rookie team. If I remember correctly, he is reporting to the Gulf Coast league rookie team for the rest of the season.

I asked him just out of curiosity what a 10th rounder gets, his contract is for $55,000 a year plus living expenses while he is in the minors. Plus the Indians are paying for his tuition to complete school. He said it was the right decision, because had he waited until next year they could have offered him next to nothing knowing he had no leverage because then his underclassmen playing status would have been exhausted. I think he made the right choice.

I'll be there for his Major league debut.

No comments: