Links

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Triathalon

I woke up early this morning and decided to go down to watch the start of the Med Express Triathlon this morning and was in for a nice little surprise. This event was much bigger than I have originally perceived and there were probably at least 500 competitors taking part in todays race. It was actually a nice crowd there watching and it looks to be a very well organized event.

I overheard a few of the racers that traveled to this event that really liked it, everything started at the waterfront marina and bistro and the new parking garage was used as a staging area (where they changed clothes and stored their bikes). I did see Bob Conway down there selling his Nutty Bavarian peanuts and we talked a little bit of softball.

Overall, I was very impressed with this event and only look for it to become bigger as time passes.

No comments: