Links

Sunday, June 24, 2007

A trip to Kennywood

Yesterday, Mom, Brittany, Danilelle and Mary took a trip to Kennywood Park for the day and enjoy some time in the sun and a few amusement park rides. I would have to say my sole intent and purpose was to try the new version on the old Steel Phantom that they put in a few years ago called Phantom's Revenge. I have ridden a lot of roller coasters in my life, I would have to rank this as the best I've ridden. There were no loops or corkscrews, but it did have sheer speed and slight and quick inclines and declines that literally would have thrown you if you were not strapped in pretty tight. They recommend to remove any loose things on your body such as Cell phones and such, and I would say I have to agree with them. The force that you go over some of those seemingly innocent bumps are very quick and move you around in the coaster.

It was a great trip and I think everyone had a great time on the day. I think the last time that I was at Kennywood with Brittany she was in a stroller, so it has been a few years since the two of us were there together and I think the last time I was there with mom was when dad was alive and we all took a trip to the park for the day. That's been twenty or so years ago.

I was semi-planning on taking Amy and Josie this summer to either Kennywood or Idlewild Park, but things just didn't work out and we never made it. I would love to see the look on Josie's face the first time she makes a trip there, especially when I watched how much she loved going to playgrounds.

I think the only downer for me on the day at Kennywood is I had a little too much funnel cake.

No comments: