Links

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A little entertainment

Since it has been really nice weather the last couple of days, I have decided to keep my front door open to let the fresh air in and enjoy the aesthetics's of a nice spring day and a little fresh air.

A few weeks ago I purchases a bag of squirrel food and had at times placed it around the apartment. Yesterday I watched what I thought was one very hungry squirrel eat for about four straight hours. I was thinking to myself that was an awful lot of food for one small squirrel. I mean, that little squirrel had what I thought was the bottomless pit stomach of all squirrels.

Today I needed a little something to brighten my day so I set out some more food and waited for my buddy to come along. Sure enough my little squirrel buddy stopped by and was enjoying a nice meal of corn, peanuts and sunflower seeds that I had set out for him. I paid a little closer attention today only to notice that it was more than one squirrel with a bottomless stomach, it was four different squirrels eating the feed. One would eat and the other three tended to stand guard so to alert the one eating if someone was walking by.

Thanks to my little squirrel buddies for brightening up my day.

No comments: