Links

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

NBA Draft Today

Today is the day of the NBA Draft, it will be held on ESPN starting at 7:00 tonight. Unlike any recent years in the past, this year we have two graduates of West Virginia University that have a very likely shot at being drafted. Kevin Pittsnogle, the man who's name became a verb and Mike Gansey

This could be the first and second players drafted from the John Beilein era of basketball. I've watched Mountaineer Basketball since the days of Lowes Moore and Joe Fryz here in Morgantown and I've followed it a few years longer even. This class that has just graduated is the one I will most remember and the one I will always call my favorite. They came in when the entire program was in termoil and left with it in 2 straight sweet 16's and a final 8 and almost a final 4. It's not at the programs highest point, but it was pretty close to the days of Jerry West.

I wish these two guys the best and look foreward to watching them pllay in the NBA for years to come.

No comments: