Links

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Been a while

Wow, I just realized it has been nearly an entire week since I last did a BLOG post. To my standards that is not really acceptable and I need to get my butt in gear and make a worthwhile post for everyone to read.

Let's see where to start. We ended up not going to the Jimmy Buffett concert this week, Mark couldn't make it and it just wouldn't have been much of a tailgate if I were the only one there. It would have also been very hard to unload tickets for a Tuesday Night Concert on Monday. I heard it was a heck of a concert, but we'll try to do it again next year, maybe with a little more success.

We had another good week of playing softball, I ended the game with a walkoff double to secure a very good hard fought victory. The bat felt light to me that night, but then again I always seem to come up with a big stick when it's cold and raining for some strange but odd reason. I can't complain as we are currently 6-1 and have two games coming up this week including one Thursday against my old team. I'm looking foreword to that one. Hopefully the weather will be a little more cooperative with us than it has been in the past couple weeks, but then again I play well in bad weather for some reason.

As everyone can tell, I spent a few hours on the Rails to trails in the past few weeks. Ever since I started working at home I have had more time to actually spend on the trails and enjoying myself. I can't think of anything more relaxing than real nice weather and having my iPod loaded with my music and enjoying the fresh air on rails to trails. It is by far one of the most aesthetically relaxing things that is part of my schedule. It's because of the inability to do these types of activities that I hate the snow so much and enjoy the warm weather seasons. It helps you clear your mind out, get healthy and put some good clean oxygen into your system.

Ok, what is coming up for the following week:


* Saturday June 17th, The Hillbilly Gypsies, a band that is part of the band that plays at Nick and Terri's every Thursday Night, is playing at Chestnut Ridge Park. A small sample of their Music

Start looking at about 9-5-05 and beyond

* Sunday June 18th is Father's Day

* Monday June 19th is Erica Jean Nicholson's second birthday.

***UPDATE***

Erica's Birthday party will be next Sunday the 18th at 2:00 at Val and Bobby's house. (Thanks for the update Val)


Advice is one of those things it is far more blessed to give than to receive.--Carolyn Wells

No comments: