Links

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday



It is once again that time of the week when I get to write one of my favorite Blogs, A time when I actually take a little bit of time out and look back through all my old pictures and pick one and blog about it.

Today's Picture is from August 14th, 1975 and that's me in the back row with the yellow baseball cap peeking through standing in front of Suburban Lanes owner Steve Lorenze. It was taken from a program that then Sheriff Charlie Whiston had implemented. It allowed school aged children to go to Suburban lanes during the summer and have one free game of bowling. Considering I basically lived there playing Pinball, I participated in this routine on a daily basis. I still talk to or work with a few people in this picture believe it or not.

That was a great summer, I remember we used to take snap and pops and put into the bowling ball holes and roll it down the lane and then try to hit the snap and pop on the next ball if it fell out. It was good times, it was innocent times and it was a summer filled with pinball (Top Card was my favorite game) and riding my bike all over the place.

Days gone by that I sure do miss.

No comments: