Links

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Early Saturday Morning Ramblings

I sit here once again on an early Saturday morning, quiet place and I'm pretty sure everyone in the household has been attacked by the sandman and is in lala land.

I have to say that the events that have transpired at WVU this week and culminating yesterday with the resignation of a very good man with a lot of integrity, Bill Stewart, has me at a level where I am absolutely disgusted by my Alma Mater.

I'm not saying Bill Stewart was a world beater as a head coach, but the man was 28-12 was WVU's head football coach, that is a .700 winning percentage. Six of those 12 losses, one play was the difference in the game, meaning a fumbled ball, a dropped pass or a missed field goal was the difference in the game.

Last seasons defense was one of the nation's best, despite playing through many injuries the defense was among the nations elite.

Bill Stewart had two downfalls as a head coach, but neither constituted this. One he put faith in an offensive coordinator that really was not ready. I didn't question Mullen's knowledge of the game, it was his in game management skills where he was that was his shortcoming. Bill Stewart stuck with the man, he believed in the man, but I guess for this fickle fan base it wasn't enough to have a defense that one games instead of the offense. Bills second downfall was his clock management skills. Don't even want to go there, but neither of these should have been enough to be treated like he was.

This fan base has put blind trust into a lawyer who has lied to this fan base, is very deceptive and I honestly am not liking right now. His own son would have been, nit could have but would have been the first pick of the past springs NFL Draft and Oliver advised him to return to school. First pick of the NFL draft is an instant Millionaire, set up for life with the stroke of a pen and Oliver advised him to return to school. Like I said he would have been the first pick of the draft, Denver already stated it and he chose to return to school. This spring, figure out how many Millions that decision cost his own son.

Rant over and I would really like to extend a heart felt thank you to Bill Stewart. You have more integrity in your pinky than that snake in the grass lying Athletic Director could ever fathom.

I am as disgusted in my alma mater as much today as I was a few years ago with the Heather Bresche incident.

Rant over.

No comments: