Links

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ouch

Well, the softball playoffs started off last night with us going against Frank's Place, a team we beat 21-4 in the regular season. I don't know where they were hiding all season, but when we showed up to play them last night I was surprised to see the team that I did. This was a stacked team that I would say had a questionable roster, in other words I think these guys loaded up.

It was a hard fought game, but we were on the losing end of a 22-24 game. We made a few mental mistakes and consistantly did so through out the game and even a good offensive game wasn't enough to give us a victory and put us 0-1 in the best of three series.

We play again Thursday night, and we are in a win or go home situation. To advance to the semi-finals, we will need to come out and take the next two games, which we are more than capable of doing.

I was talking to Michael Toth and Tim Bowser last night and their team, Cool Ride, lost a three team tie-breaker to keep them out of the playoffs in their league.

We'll lace em up and try again wed night.

No comments: