Links

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Today is Tuesday, and I thought it would be a nice time to do a tidbits since I haven't done one in quite some time.

* Good news from work that will be directly affecting me, we won a vary large contract to Los Angeles County. We have already flown the area and started the processes, this was just the official press release. They are planning on intergrating the information to a web based application, so yours truly will have a lot of work lined up to oversee in the next couple of years. I already wrote what I think is a pretty time effective and fail safe methodology for another project, so if the Planametric data comes my way, and I have a feeling it will, I'll just re-write some of the specifics and some of the code and plug it into this project.

* We have our first official softball practice this evening at 6:00. I'm pretty excited about it, and I'm really anticipating hitting the field with everyone again. I'll take my camera and hopefully I'll get a shot or two.

* Speaking of bringing my camera, yesterday driving to work I saw what I thought as a fantastic photo opportunity. The sun rising in the east, I was going to call it "Dawn of a new day". I brought my camera to work with me this morning, unfortunately it wasn't as clear of a morning as it was yesterday and my timing was wrong. Time changes next week, so I'll have three more days to get the shot.

* Speaking of time changes, remember we set our clocks up an hour this weekend. It's spring foreword, so you'll lose an hour's sleep and it will be a shorter weekend.

* Kim Messaged me yesterday, she's going to try to have another Texas Hold 'Em tournament this weekend. Should be fun, I plan on winning the tournament this time though.

* Things are a little slow at work right now, but I should be bombarded in work as soon as one of our subcontractors makes a delivery.

* Hey, I've tried my hot air popcorn popper out a few times. This thing is great and I love it. I may just put home made ice cream on the agenda this summer.

* I found out from Kim yesterday what her big surprise is that she is getting. I'm not going to spoil it, so readers of her BLOG will just have to pay attention for updates.

* I haven't talked to Nick or Terri lately, so I guess I'll need to maybe stop by the bar one day later this week.

* Have a good day, I'm going to.


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.- Anne Bradstreet

No comments: